Do I really need a lawyer for my accident?

Although car accidents are relatively common experiences, there are complex legal issues involved in every one.  A lawyer is a legal expert, and helps you navigate these legal issues and allows you to maximize your result.  Furthermore, having an attorney allows you to escape the stress of talking to the insurance company and allows you to get better quicker.

Why is the insurance company so hard to deal with?

Insurance companies are businesses trying to make money.  One way insurance companies make money is by paying the least amount possible on injury claims.  This can lead to conflict between you and the insurance company.

Can you help me with my car?

Yes!  Trying to get your car back on the road after an accident can often be a frustrating experience.  It can be confusing to know how much your car is worth, what repairs are needed and how to get a rental car.  Sometimes cars seem to be totaled but the insurance company wants you to keep it anyway and sometimes they aren’t offering what your totaled car is worth.  The attorneys at West, Ylla & Gosney have lots of experience getting you back on the road, and best of all, this part of our service is absolutely free.

Will my lawyer make more money than me?

Most law firms work on a contingent basis; the lawyer will not be paid unless there is a successful recovery.  At West & Associates we go one step further.  We guarantee that our fees will be reduced if our client is not adequately compensated for their injury.

Why has the hospital filed a lien against me?

Medical liens, including hospital and physician liens, allow the doctors who treat you to take a part of your insurance settlement.  Contact the attorneys at West, Ylla & Gosney today to find out how to protect yourself from these liens.

Should I get Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage or Med Pay coverage on my own policy?

Yes!  Oklahoma has a large percentage of uninsured motorists.  If you are injured by one of these UM and Med Pay can help you pay for the costs associated with being in an accident.Additionally, Oklahoma requires that drivers have a minimum of $25,000 coverage.  Although this seems like a large amount you should remember that medical services are very costly.  People involved in even basic car crashes can easily incur $25,000 or more of medical bills alone.  UM and Med Pay can be used to help pay for bills that the other person’s insurance does not cover.

What types of cases do you handle?

The attorneys at West, Ylla & Gosney are experienced in handling all types of injury cases including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, dog bites and slip and falls.